Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
crispsolu  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 11:50:15 AM(UTC)
crispsolu

Groups: Registered

My icemaker is over filling the tray thus running down into the ice cube holder below and causing large blocks of ice. Could this be an issue with the inlet valve or is there a timer function elsewhere in the unit that may be failing. I could not find one in your schematics. I did find the inlet valve part number (AP3085178). Other question easiest way to remove a broken shelf stem part number AP3109339. Does it just turn 90 degrees so it pops out.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Admin / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2007 1:12:11 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups:

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It is possible that the water valve is causing this problem, but the more likely cause is the icemaker itself. You can try adjusting the water setting on the icemaker (see below) or replace the icemaker altogether.

How to adjust the icemaker:
Open the white plastic cover and you should see an adjustment screw. Turn it Clockwise for less water and Counter-Clockwise for more water. You have to be very careful when turning the screw. Go slow and only turn it about a third of a turn at a time. Do not turn it back and forth.

As for the shelf support, turn slowly and pull, it should come off.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.
richappy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2007 1:54:45 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
All modern ice makers have the same size mold. If you can swap the connectors on the water valve, empty ice maker, and press water switch for nine seconds, the mold should fill up. If it overflows,you have a bad water valve. Also, make sure the water flow stops completely and doesn't still dribble in. If ok, probably a bad ice maker.
ffrola  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2007 1:36:34 PM(UTC)
ffrola

I am having the same problem with my icemaker in a Kenmore 10658562890. It is intermittent. Removing the ice maker revealed the coating on the ice mold is flaking off and preventing the ice cubes from being ejected from the tray at the proper time. I believe that the residual ice is causing the water over flow. My decision now is to spend $66 on the mold alone or $96 on the complete assembly.
james moose  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2007 3:48:59 PM(UTC)
james moose

Originally Posted by: ffrola Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same problem with my icemaker in a Kenmore 36358062894. It is intermittent. Removing the ice maker revealed the coating on the ice mold is flaking off and preventing the ice cubes from being ejected from the tray at the proper time. I believe that the residual ice is causing the water over flow. My decision now is to spend $66 on the mold alone or $96 on the complete assembly.

ice maker over flow.
james moose  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2007 3:50:51 PM(UTC)
james moose

Originally Posted by: james moose Go to Quoted Post
ice maker over flow.

ice make over flow water will not stop.
loose_moose  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 6:38:05 PM(UTC)
loose_moose

I too am having an issue with too much water being dispensed into the ice maker. I thought that it might be the ice maker, but I removed the ice maker and water continued to flow from the water line. Does this sound like a water valve problem? If it is a water valve problem, do I just replace the entire piece where the water line connects at the back of the fridge?

I hope my terminology makes sense. I can tell you most anything about a car's engine, but appliances baffle me.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

Loose Moose
richappy  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 1:02:18 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just replace the water valve.
Eagleone  
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2012 7:11:21 AM(UTC)
Eagleone

I am having the same problem the ice maker works fine it just lets to much water into the tray not much but to much, I looked for a adjustment but cannot find it. Could it be the water valve on the bottom of the fridge, in the back. Fridge model # CTF1826ATW.
#10 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2021 10:44:32 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I would like to know what direction to turn the little plastic screw to lower water flow on module.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply