Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hanny  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 3:51:07 PM(UTC)
hanny

Groups: Registered

Purchased and received 2 handles and all hardware for a total of 5 parts.
Tail handle SXS Black (2 of them), Trim Handle SXS (2 of them) and 2 tailhandle SXS Black.

We have no idea how to take the old doorhandles off and replace it with the new ones. No screws are in sight!!

Need help with taking the old handles off with all the trimmings and replace with the new ones ordered.

Model number is Part number.

How do I get an answer and when? I really do not like this forum. It is not detailed enough.
It does not explain how you get your anwer. Do I just sit back and wait for someone to answer or .......? Where do I click to send this edited message?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abadfish66  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 6:23:41 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

Can you provide the model# of the fridge and I'll help you
magician59  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 6:31:16 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

I don't see a parts breakdown for your model, but maybe this can help: Most trim, such as handles are attached and removed externally. Does your handle have an upper bracket that is flush with the top of the door? Open the door and look for two or three screws on top of the bracket and remove them to pulll the handle up and away. The tail will pull out of the bottom bracket and expose its screw.
Other handles are attached with concealed screws, usually hidden behind the center piece of the handle, which you can pry out gently with a small bladed screwdriver.
Still others are retained on posts, and require you to lift upward, while pushing slightly toward the surface of the door. On these, you must anticipate the sudden release, so you don't scratch the surface of the door.
Just remember: If you have to FORCE it off, That's NOT the way it went on.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply