Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
superman0094  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 6:46:04 PM(UTC)
superman0094

Groups: Registered

Years of accidentally leaving the freezer door slightly ajar led to the serious build up of 'snow' on the coil inside the freezer. The freezer was just barely freezing and the fridge was just barely cool. My wife had unplugged it and was attempting to thaw it out when I came home. I took the cover off and melted everything. When I plugged it back in the fan was bump starting, just enough to move it, and then stop...I was looking for the part online and went back to the thing and lo and behold it was running.

Does it have to be a certain temperature before it will kick in? Or do I need a new motor and board?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2011 1:47:14 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Sometimes water will get into the motor and jam it. I would carefully look at it, if there are any signs of rust, I would replace it.
This parts site no longer has it, but you might want to call to verify. I would opt for a SM999 universal motor, cheaper and better. The shading copper coil around the stator must match your old one, if not, you will need to reverse the new one, just be careful not to loose the thrust washers when you take it apart.
superman0094  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:26:02 PM(UTC)
superman0094

Groups: Registered

New problem same fridge. I replaced the defrost control adapter, motor and thermostat twice. Now the problem is the fan won't shut off, it runs almost constantly (turns off like every 2 hours or so and the freezer reaches -4 and the fridge reaches 27 on the top shelf. WTH????
richappy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:55:04 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If the control that controls the temperature is a manual control, it might be shorted, or bad.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply