Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jerry Donoghue  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 7:09:19 AM(UTC)
Jerry Donoghue

Groups: Registered

I moved in with a woman who has a freezer door that has a gap in the top corner of the side that opens. It lets air into the freezer and builds solid ice.

I don't think it is the gasket because when I lift up on the door is closes tight. It is like the door is loose or something. Maybe one of her kid hung on it. Anyway, the only thing I have done is wedge something in between the refrig door and freezer door to prop it up so that it shuts tightly. No a very practical solution. Any ideas on how to fix?

Beside that, the compressor seems to run loudly when it kicks on. Don't know if that is related.

Jerry
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 8:04:32 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jerry Donoghue Go to Quoted Post
I moved in with a woman who has a freezer door that has a gap in the top corner of the side that opens. It lets air into the freezer and builds solid ice.

I don't think it is the gasket because when I lift up on the door is closes tight. It is like the door is loose or something. Maybe one of her kid hung on it. Anyway, the only thing I have done is wedge something in between the refrig door and freezer door to prop it up so that it shuts tightly. No a very practical solution. Any ideas on how to fix?

Beside that, the compressor seems to run loudly when it kicks on. Don't know if that is related.

Jerry

Jerry,

The gap in the door has little to nothing to do with a noisey compressor, other than the run time.

As for the freezer door,

Remove everything from the inner door liner.

A couple of things,

First roll back the freezer door seal, so you can access the mounting screws for the liner and seal and loosen the screws in 1/2 way across the top and down the door, with a small wood block,or a screwdriver handle,something that won't damage the paint, insert it between the door panel and the front frame, and push in, on the corner,lightly, until it lines up and seals proper.

As for raising the door, you should order shims,

Part number: AP2981527
Part number: AP2981527

You may need a few(2 or 3).

You want to raise the door high enough, so that the flat(magnetic)strip on the seal is in full contact with the front top metal flange of the compartment.

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply