Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tyl604  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 8:17:27 AM(UTC)
tyl604

Groups: Registered

Icemaker works but suddenly the water will not cut off. Overflows the tray and keeps flowing. Otherwise it works fine; for the last week I have been putting water in manually and it makes and expels the ice cubes fine.

I turned the water off at the water line. What do I need to replace? Believe I replaced the water supply about a year ago; it was located behind the refrigerator.

Kitchenaid Superba side-by-side
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 3:39:51 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

If the water will noit shut off, when the icemaker fills with water, you need to replace the water valve. That is the part on the back of the refrigerator, that you waterline is hooked up to. Tom Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
tyl604  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 11:31:13 AM(UTC)
tyl604

I replaced the water inlet today but cannot remember which way the wires go. I am pretty sure that the brown connector goes on the left and the blue on the right as installed. The water for drinking works fine (blue connector) - it is the plug on the right of the picture and is plugged into green on the water inlet. However the brown wire connector plugged into red on the water inlet may be upside down because I still get no water in the icemaker and this side has the icemaker plastic hose.

Do I have it plugged in right (white wires on left and colored on right) or should I turn it over? Could it possibly be that the blue and the brown are on the wrong sides?

I assume that it should work without being screwed back to the refrigerator so I will wait and watch.

Appreciate your quick comment. Picture attached shows how I have it wired.
tyl604 attached the following image(s):
water valve wiring.jpg
tyl604  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 12:22:56 PM(UTC)
tyl604

I called Sears back. The salesman said that it probably makes no difference which way the plugs are plugged in. If it did, they would be designed to plug in only one way. He suggested that I cycle the icemaker again. I turned over the plug that is on the icemaker side and am trying to recycle the icemaker again.

Ideas?
kayakcrzy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 12:57:14 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Just hit the water dispenser , and ask for water. If the water comes out in your glass, then you have it right. If it comes out in the icemaker, you have it wrong. Tom www.appplianceeducator.com
tyl604  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 1:04:09 PM(UTC)
tyl604

The water dispenser is right; it works. The icemaker will not feed water. So could the plug on the icemaker side be installed wrong? When I filled it with water, it cycled and dispersed the ice but it did not replace the water.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply