Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mr.schertz  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 5:42:52 PM(UTC)
mr.schertz

Groups: Registered

Last week my ice dispenser,water dispenser, and light(on the outside door)went out. My ice machine is working fine as well as the rest of the fridge. I checked to make sure I had power going to the board? I popped off the cover and disconnected and re-connected all the clips. When I did this and put the the cover back on the light came on! I was pretty excited. I grabbed a cup and the water worked to. I tried the ice and nothing! Then the whole thing stopped working again. Could it be the relay?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kooler  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 12:05:16 AM(UTC)
kooler

Groups: Senior Expert

I would suspect the freezer door switch to be the culprit with this one... Even though the door is closed, the action of the switch is not making or breaking... The dispensers will not operate when the door is opened... Check the door switch for proper operation...
mr.schertz  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 5:43:33 AM(UTC)
mr.schertz

Originally Posted by: kooler Go to Quoted Post
I would suspect the freezer door switch to be the culprit with this one... Even though the door is closed, the action of the switch is not making or breaking... The dispensers will not operate when the door is opened... Check the door switch for proper operation...

Would this entail making sure the light turns off while the freezer is shutting? if so I watched it and the light shuts off. whats next?
kooler  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 8:14:18 PM(UTC)
kooler

What's next is disassembly, isolation and checking with a ohmmeter.. The switch will be a double circuit one that turns the light on when opened and interrupts the dispenser circuits at the same time... Knowledge of electrical circuits will assist with checking operation of the door switch... The other culprit could be an electronic main board which an explanation would be too extensive to list in this quick reply on this board... best of luck kooler
mr.schertz  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 4:47:12 PM(UTC)
mr.schertz

well, i jiggled the switch while it was in the door. It has turned off on and probably three times in two days. it came on again today when my wife used your foot to give the door a slight kick to close it while she was in the middle of making dinner. I have the ohm meter. Should it beep when I check it.
kooler  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 9:06:16 PM(UTC)
kooler

Not seeing it or the wiring diagram I would guess this is a two pole switch with 4 wires going to it... Unplug the fridge and remove the switch keeping in mind which wire goes where on the switch terminals... Door switches can be difficult to remove and sometimes plastic gets cracked in the process... The light side of the switch will be in a closed position (ohmeter beeps continuity) and the dispenser circuit will open... Depressing the switch multiple times should cause multiple beeps on this circuit... If not then replace the switch...
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply