Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jwag13  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 4:36:23 AM(UTC)
jwag13

Groups: Registered

GE GXSF39B00 Water Softener Problem
I get an error code 3,which according to the owners manual means the motor is shot. I removed the motor and then plugged in the unit and found that I could stop the gear from spinning by hand. So I agree the motor is bad. I checked to make sure the rotor would spin freely and all is good.I have a couple questions, 1 is the motor supposed to run constantly? 2 What is the switch that operates by the rotor supposed to turn on or off? I reinstalled the motor and helped the rotor along and it seems to just continue to go around without stopping. Is this a correct assumption? I am just trying to make sure that all I need is the motor. Also while cleaning the nozzle and venturi assembly I lost the.1 gpm flow plug down the drain. Is this plug nessecary? I have read that it is mostly for city water and I have well water and it is filtered before the softener. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, jwag
PS: I am unsure of the age so just guessing
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.