Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Harold27217  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 4:49:11 PM(UTC)
Harold27217

Groups: Registered

Background:

This is a Samsung 4 door, dual zone refrigerator. Model # RM257ABBP

Owner's Manual
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200708/20070808154502906_DA99-01418A-EN_0.1.pdf

SearsParts Direct:
http://www.searspartsdirect.com...M257ABBPXAA/1482/0165000

I bought this frig at an auction five months ago before buying my new home. It appeared new and unused with a few transport dings and dents despite a manufacture date of 2007. I set it up at a relatives house and plugged it in while I waited on my home purchase. It ran fine there for four months. We just moved it into our home last week and now it doesn't work.

PROBLEM description:

Frig powers up, can see LED display on front. I removed back cover and can see evaporator fan running. Compressor sounds like it is running but is not hot to the touch, which I presume is not normal. There is also a small amount of oily substance, clear in color in the bottom of the drain tray. None of the coils feel cool to the touch. LED display says fridge is at -2 degrees on freezer and 38 degrees on fridge side of two main compartments, but an actual thermometer placed inside says it is above 60 degrees in all four zone compartments.

What I've done:

1. Cleaned coils the best I could, although they were not that dirty.
2. Unplugged fridge for over an hour, plugged back in and set freezer and fridge to "Power Freeze" and "Power Cool" as manual suggest for initial start up.
3. Checked fridge levelness. It is slightly tilted down toward back, but is normal according to manual as it aids in opening and closing doors.
4. Did the "Demo mode" on / off thing by holding down Arctic Select and Fresh Select zones for 3 seconds.

Any additional trouble shooting ideas before I call a repairman?

Many thanks in advance to any insight you can provide!

Harold in NC.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.