Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
candelida  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2011 10:06:55 AM(UTC)
candelida

Groups: Registered

Purchased a new refrigerator. It arrived day before Thanksgiving. Unit runs but won't shut off. On lowest setting it freezes. Frigidaire has sent Authorized technical services here twice, can't fix it. They then made an appointment with A&E for me. A&E called last night to confirm. They called back this morning and cancelled. Now they want me to wait another two weeks before they can send someone. It is now January 6th and I haven't had a refrigerator I can use since Thanksgiving. No one cares!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 8:23:45 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: candelida Go to Quoted Post
Purchased a new refrigerator. It arrived day before Thanksgiving. Unit runs but won't shut off. On lowest setting it freezes. Frigidaire has sent Authorized technical services here twice, can't fix it. They then made an appointment with A&E for me. A&E called last night to confirm. They called back this morning and cancelled. Now they want me to wait another two weeks before they can send someone. It is now January 6th and I haven't had a refrigerator I can use since Thanksgiving. No one cares!!!

Candelida,

Does everything in the refrigerator freeze, or just certain things, or things in a certain area ?

You have double checked, and have both controls set at the proper settings(mid range on control knob) ?

You may want to have your dealer get involved, and see if they can help get you some assistance.

(You are sure you gave us a proper model number ?)

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
candelida  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 9:12:38 PM(UTC)
candelida

Hello Joe,
Yes, that is the model number (FKCH17F7HW) convertible. You can view the unit here........
https://www.homeeverything.com/w...uct16301/FKCH17F7HW.html

It can be used as a All-Refrigerator or All-Freezer. We have it set on the lowest setting (number 1). It cycled for the first few days we had it (on number 4), then stopped cycling and ran continuously. We dropped it to number 1 when it started doing that. Frigidaire sent Authorized Technical Services to look at it. The technician said he had never seen one like that before. (He's been doing this for 30 years - he said). He ordered a new control unit for it and came back two weeks later and installed it, then left. It started cycling again when we turned it on but within 30 minutes the temp inside was 20 degrees. All our food was freezing, even eggs. We removed all the food into coolers and I placed a bottle of water inside the fridge. The water was freezing within a half hour and the temp had dropped to 8 degrees F. We thought maybe it might be wired backwards, so I switched it over to Freezer. The same thing happened. It doesn't matter where the food is inside, it freezes. Fruit froze inside the crisper.

Authorized will only come every two weeks and only stays for 15 to 20 minutes. The guy tried to tell me maybe I had it plugged in wrong. It's a 3-prong plug. There is only one way to plug the thing in.
I called Frigidaire again and told them this guy could not fix it. They booked an appointment with A&E for January 6th. A&E called on January 5th and confirmed the appointment. The next morning they called and cancelled it. They then told me they couldn't get anyone out here until January 20th. I told them to forget it and called Frigidaire again.

A&E called me back today and said they could send someone on January 27th. It made me blow my cork because this is a new fridge and we have had to live without a fridge since Thanksgiving. She put me on hold and came back and told me they would have someone here on January 13th. I am still waiting to hear back from Frigidaire.
I hope I have answered all your questions.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 7:18:25 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Hello Joe,
Yes, that is the model number (FKCH17F7HW) convertible. You can view the unit here........
https://www.homeeverything.com/w...uct16301/FKCH17F7HW.html

It can be used as a All-Refrigerator or All-Freezer. We have it set on the lowest setting (number 1). It cycled for the first few days we had it (on number 4), then stopped cycling and ran continuously. We dropped it to number 1 when it started doing that. Frigidaire sent Authorized Technical Services to look at it. The technician said he had never seen one like that before. (He's been doing this for 30 years - he said). He ordered a new control unit for it and came back two weeks later and installed it, then left. It started cycling again when we turned it on but within 30 minutes the temp inside was 20 degrees. All our food was freezing, even eggs. We removed all the food into coolers and I placed a bottle of water inside the fridge. The water was freezing within a half hour and the temp had dropped to 8 degrees F. We thought maybe it might be wired backwards, so I switched it over to Freezer. The same thing happened. It doesn't matter where the food is inside, it freezes. Fruit froze inside the crisper.

Authorized will only come every two weeks and only stays for 15 to 20 minutes. The guy tried to tell me maybe I had it plugged in wrong. It's a 3-prong plug. There is only one way to plug the thing in.
I called Frigidaire again and told them this guy could not fix it. They booked an appointment with A&E for January 6th. A&E called on January 5th and confirmed the appointment. The next morning they called and cancelled it. They then told me they couldn't get anyone out here until January 20th. I told them to forget it and called Frigidaire again.

A&E called me back today and said they could send someone on January 27th. It made me blow my cork because this is a new fridge and we have had to live without a fridge since Thanksgiving. She put me on hold and came back and told me they would have someone here on January 13th. I am still waiting to hear back from Frigidaire.
I hope I have answered all your questions.

Candelida,

Thanks for the update and information.

This style unit (convertable) refrigerators are becoming more popular than previous times, but they have been out for a while.

I still could not find any technical data for your unit, or user's manual,I have to presume it is a relatively new product for the manufacturer.

The units I worked on were a pretty simple system, a problem like yours was usually due to a control or air flow problem, and I believe the technician has coverred that possibility.

Sorry, we can't be more help at this time,

I only hope someone can work things out and get you up and running properly.

Good Luck,

candelida  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 7:59:17 PM(UTC)
candelida

Thanks Joe.
I appreciate you trying to help.
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2011 11:09:25 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thanks Joe.
I appreciate you trying to help.

You're quite welcome,

I really wish I could have done more.

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply