Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
atcjason  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2011 12:18:03 AM(UTC)
atcjason

Groups: Registered

Recently the waterline froze up on my water dispenser. I thawed it out with a hair dryer and as a result it MELTED and warped the plastic on the paddle in the dispenser unit! :mad: Cheap POS :)
I was able to find the required parts to fix it, but when taking the old parts out, a small pin/spring fell out. :confused:
I set the pin aside after being unable to locate it on any part diagram. It looks VERY similar to part #63 on this diagram Replacement parts for General Electric GSS25WGPABB Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Part 63 is still in place on my freezer door, attached to the "flapper" for the ice maker. So the pin that fell out is not found on the part diagram.

Anyway, after getting all the new parts put together and going to operate the water/ice dispenser, the paddle has no resistance to it whatsoever. It can get stuck "on" if you're not very careful and touchy with it, leaving ice or water spitting out non stop.
So now I know what the pins use was. It gives the paddle resistance and pops it back out. But where does the pin go!?!?! :confused: Somebody please help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.