Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FreeRoy  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 11:11:58 PM(UTC)
FreeRoy

Groups: Registered

(Actually, the age is an estimate; looks new, but at least 13 months old.)

The water dispenser has stopped working, but the water feed to the icemaker is fine. Cubes or crushed, no problem -- but no liquid water! Wather valve assembly is marked 197D1879G005, and has a total of 5 tubes counting the feed.

There are three wires coming from inside the fridge, which split to four two-wire connectors.

Although GE says that all their units have a schematic, and give a list of places where this might be, I cannot find it anywhere. If I could, I could probably troubleshoot this puppy myself. As it is, I don't know whether it's one or more of the solenoid valves, or a failure in the control circuitry, or a line frozen in the freezer door, or just gremlins.

I need a schematic, and probably a source for one or more of the solenoid valves in the valve assembly. Any help greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 1, 2011 6:43:55 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

I would remove the end of the water line that goes through the freezer door and try to blow air through it to make sure it's not frozen shut.

If that is ok I would then check the water valve for voltage or ohm the water valve coil out.
FreeRoy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 1, 2011 7:31:33 AM(UTC)
FreeRoy

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: ApplianceJunk Go to Quoted Post
I would remove the end of the water line that goes through the freezer door and try to blow air through it to make sure it's not frozen shut.

If that is ok I would then check the water valve for voltage or ohm the water valve coil out.

Thanks for those suggestions. I'm unsure which solenoid, and which hose, go to the water dispenser. Am also unsure of voltqage applied to the valves. Had hoped to avoid some work by finding schmatic, wiring diagram, flow diagram, or other data, but don't know why I expected to have some disembodied voice out there in Cyberspace solve my problem for me and hand me the solution, gift-wrapped in gold foil with a ribbon around it.

Seriously, thank you very much for that advice. I'll follow it, and with even a modicum of luck it will enable me to fix the problem.

Have a very good New Year, and thanks again for the advice!
-- Roy
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply