Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sssjmonroe  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 1:58:04 AM(UTC)
sssjmonroe

Groups: Registered

I have had this frigidaire refridgerator since we bought our mobile home. I have kept it in good working condition, always cleaning it, making sure it isn't to cool. About a week ago everything in our fridge froze while the freezer remained fine. The next day our fridge was back to normal and the freezer started to unthaw losing everything in our fridge in a couple of days. We had a repairman stop out yesterday to take a look and the only thing wrong was our fridge was out of refrigerant which he filled. He changed the setting and everything was back to normal or so I thought. My fridge has kept running without shutting it off and my husband has been messing with the dial settings turning it from the cold setting (which our fridge shuts off for 10 minutes then comes back on) all the way up to the coldest setting. I called our repairman and he said turn the dial until it shuts off (near the 0 setting) and let it restart. My husband is an impatient man and wants results so all night our fridge has been running (while still staying in working condition). What can we do? I have read other place that it could take up tp 24 hours for it to right itself again, but I can't get it through my husband's head that he needs to leave it be and if it still doesn't work, then we will call the repairman again. Any suggestions for what I should do?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.