Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Flot  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2008 5:47:21 AM(UTC)
Flot

Groups: Registered

I have a Frigidiare side by side, only about 22 months old, all electronic controls.

Came home one day to hear a loud buzzing/ratcheting noise from the fridge. Got the parts diagram and determined it was the damper control servo motor making the noise.

So I ordered a new damper assembly. Annoyingly the one I got didn't have quite the same setup with respect to switches or door design, but the motor was the same. Swapped in the new servo motor and the new one is doing exactly the same thing.

Ideas?? The damper appears to have two settings, there are two rocker switches that I guess provide feedback to the control board as to whether the door is half open, full open, or closed.

Not sure where to look next. Control board? The switches themselves?? Motor still "works" but when it is in the open or half open state it makes this constant loud buzz which is driving me nuts!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

v2k04  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2008 8:06:10 AM(UTC)
v2k04

Groups: Senior Expert

well nowyou know the problem isn't the motor........ got a model number?
Flot  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2008 3:17:47 PM(UTC)
Flot

..which strikes me as bizarre, since it's a 120vac motor with 2 wires running to it. I can't imagine what could be going on to send the motor into the buzzing fits that it goes through.

The model of the fridge is PLHS68EESB6
v2k04  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2008 5:06:48 PM(UTC)
v2k04

kinda pointing towards the board don't ya think? There should be a mini manual check in the grill area orcontrol panel or they used to tape them to the bottom of the case behind the grill
v2k04  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:11:43 PM(UTC)
v2k04

Flot  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2008 5:35:30 AM(UTC)
Flot

Hmm, ok I'm still at a loss, the circuit looks pretty simple... but what's controlling the power to the 2 toggle switches? Would it be possible that it's one of the toggle switches with the problem? That seems unlikely as the "pulsing/buzzing" is so consistant...
Flot  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 2:51:32 PM(UTC)
Flot

Well, the good news is, the motor hasn't burned out. Bad news is, still making the horrible noise... any suggestions for other was to diagnose? Nothing else seems to be misbehaving..
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply