Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mleiter  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 11:10:40 AM(UTC)
mleiter

Groups: Registered

I purchased a mini "beverage cooler" refrigerator. The problem is that even on max settings, it doesn't get my beverages (beer) cold enough. I will only get down to about 48 degrees, and my beer should be kept at several degrees colder. It is working properly, as it is only meant to "lightly chill" the beverages. So, I was wondering if it is possible for me to upgrade anything within the guts of it so as to get it to make it get colder. Please advise if this would be possible and if so what part I should upgrade.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 5:20:49 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
No manufacturer will make a fridg to get only down to 48 degrees! You have a refrigerant leak or a bad compressor.
hethj7  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2008 3:38:04 PM(UTC)
hethj7

Unfortunately, Danby (my particular unit is sold under the Whirlpool name) does make a refrigerator that only gets about that cold. Their "128 can beverage center" has a thermostat that only goes to 43°, and often times it doesn't even get that cold. I love the styling of it, but all my drinks come out of it warm.

Anyone have an idea on how it can be modified to get colder?
richappy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2008 6:36:16 PM(UTC)
richappy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yes, you can change the cold control to a universal control 3030-505 (GC505).
abbie  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2008 3:26:19 AM(UTC)
abbie

Some Thermostats Can Be Adjusted To Get Colder Temperatures.if It,s Not A Solid State,and Is One With The Old Style Bulb.remove The Knob And Look To See If It Has A Small Screw There.take A Eye Glass Screw Driver And Move The Screw A 1/4 Of A Turn Counter Clockwise,no More Then That....
aswinney  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 2:58:47 AM(UTC)
aswinney

I didn't see a good answer. I have the same cooler and same problem. It has a temperature sensor mounted in the bottom that plugs in. Does anyone know the technical specs of this sensor (ohms/temperature)? If we had this, we could use a resistor to trick the controller and tell it the temperature is a few degrees hotter. Thanks
Zanshin  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 4:24:39 AM(UTC)
Zanshin

I didnt see a model number to verify, but they make some under counter models that dont have a compressor, They use a basic airflow across a heat exchanger to dissipate heat, simple and cheap, but it won't maintain 40 degrees either.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply