Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Arizona Terry  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 25, 2010 9:48:56 AM(UTC)
Arizona Terry

Groups: Registered

Good Morning, The defrost timer is working and the coils are clean.
On the dial of the cold control that goes from 0 to 7, I have to keep the dial set at about a 1/2, then the freezer will start short cycling of running about 40 seconds on and then 40 seconds off.
Yesterday I replaced the cold control and set the freezer at 2 on the dial. It ran all night, except for the time it went into defrost. Today I have tried to reset several times and it stills comes on even though I have it set at about
1/2 on the dial. Temp is still about -5 below zero f. When I got up today with it set on 2, it was -10 below zero f. Please help if anyone has any ideas. I live very remote and the service call to come to the middle of nowhere would be more then I can afford. Thanks Terry
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 4:08:24 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Did you get the exact factory service part, or a substitute, and did you route the sensing wire exactly where the old one was?
Arizona Terry  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 4:22:38 AM(UTC)
Arizona Terry

Yes and Yes, Thanks for your reply. I wander if I got a difective new cold control.
richappy  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 2:12:47 PM(UTC)
richappy

Check your air return vents, you are probably not getting proper airflow into the fridg section. Another thing to check, you might want to test the freezer temp often, you may have a compressor that is intermittently failing.
Arizona Terry  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 2:32:06 PM(UTC)
Arizona Terry

Hello, It is a freezer only. I have cleaned coils and all areas like new. I keep a thermometer in side and check it every hour. My problem is at any setting above 1/2 (one Half) on a dial that goes from 0 to 7 the compressor will run 24/7 except when it goes into defrost. When I set it at 1/2 it will stay at -5 below zero f. but, it will short cycle. I have replace the cold control and it does the same thing. Thanks Terry
richappy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:00:06 AM(UTC)
richappy

Monitor the voltage to the compressor, when it short cycles and the voltage stays there, you have a compressor shutting down. If ok, you may have a cold control missing a plastic sleeve that raises it's differential.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply