Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NiceSmokes  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 18, 2010 12:26:50 PM(UTC)
NiceSmokes

Groups: Registered

The water dispenser doesn't do anything when depressed - no clicks, noises, water, etc. The ice maker is working fine and producing ice.

Fridge was manufactured in 1999 and was installed in 2001.

Any ideas? I have a multimeter and can test any switches etc. if you provide detailed instructions for a novice.

The biggest problem in fixing things for me is finding the right parts - please don't assume I know where the compressor is or what it looks like, etc. That said I am pretty handy - so any thoughts and things to test would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

NiceSmokes  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 9:34:42 AM(UTC)
NiceSmokes

k... so I see the front wheels but the fridge is resting on 2 feet in the front. I see 2 bolts facing forward - perhaps for leveling - would these raise the legs and therefore allow the fridge to rest on the front wheels and allow me to pull the fridge out?
NiceSmokes  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 10:27:55 AM(UTC)
NiceSmokes

What an awesome forum - lots of people helping out... Why yes, those are leveling bolts, marked F and R for front and rear. Use a 5/16 socket to "unscrew" then to raise the feet and allow the fridge to rest on the wheels to pull out the fridge. I am making a note of the number of 1/4 turns needed to raise the wheels to allow me to quickly get close to level when I am done and have pushed the fridge back in...
NiceSmokes  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:16:41 PM(UTC)
NiceSmokes

I am wondering if this is just a switch on the water dispenser. Cleaned out behind the fridge and traced some wires - no obvious breaks or connection problems. Was trying to remove the front panel at the water & ice dispenser - any suggestions? Other sites suggest there might be screw insert points at bottom of the panel - none found. Tried gently prying but don't want to break this. Open to suggestions.
NiceSmokes  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:56:09 PM(UTC)
NiceSmokes

Cheap plastic part - holds the water dispenser micro-switch in place. AP2988571 with a couple of pins that hold the switch broke off. BTW - to remove the front panel the answer is to grab from the inside and yank hard. If you break the part it is about $290 but there are no screwdriver slots on this model to pry off the dispenser panel. There is one 1/2" tab dead center in the top and hottom of the panel holding it in, but it is also held in at the sides (all 4 sides frame the panel) so pulling flexes the plastic - creating the arc necessary to release it from the frame. At least that is what worked for me. Now duct tape to hold panel in place until the part arrives. I will post some photos for any poor souls like me stuck figuring this out on your own.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply