Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
squern  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2010 11:48:41 AM(UTC)
squern

Groups: Registered

Am trying to install new relay assembly on compressor. New parts are totally unlike original, with only two male spades to connect to instead of three. Everything is different, assembly Manufacturer by Maytag, 61003103. Looks to have proper number of hole for connection to prongs on comp. How do I wire this?:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:04:23 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Personally, I would not use the start device you ordered, you could burn out the compressor if wired wrong. You can order the factory replacement part by entering the right model number and manufacturer "P" number in this parts site. You can go to my article "replacing compressor start devices" by putting this title in the search box.
The parts should come with instructions.
What was the original problem? The original start relay is a square black plastic item that rarely fails.
squern  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:28:46 AM(UTC)
squern

Groups: Registered

compressor in 15 year old amana bz22qw stopped running. fan kept running. sought help online to see if repair was worth attempt. was told to remove assembly and examine for overheat. piece labeled 'overload' on back or ref diagram smelled burned and bakelite was blistered. am attempting to replace relay assembly. identical set is backordered for weeks. am in fourth day without ref and Mama grows less and less happy. new pieces seem to fit prongs on comp, but can't dope out wiring.
richappy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 1:01:08 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Very probable your compressor overload is bad, that is the black, round item that looks bad. If you ordered the parts I suggested, you should get them in two days, or one day special delivery.
Also, your start device is probably ok. If this fridg is an R12 system, your compressor probably is a bigger than 1/4 hp compressor. If you have a parts store near you, with the nameplate current value from the fridg and your old overload, you can get a reasonably close overload from the store.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply