Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
regros  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2010 12:41:36 PM(UTC)
regros

Groups: Registered

have a service guy to replace my coil in my freezer because of a leak. ended up putting a leak filler in with my refrigerant,(per instruction of matag service dept) instead of replacing coil. now when in running mode there is a noise. sounds kind of like gurgling and or clicking, maybe a sputtering of sorts. he said it sounded like there might be air or water in the line. put in a dryer to get it out. did not work, he has no clue to what it is and is waiting for maytag response. any clue with what i have described.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2010 12:09:20 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: regros Go to Quoted Post
have a service guy to replace my coil in my freezer because of a leak. ended up putting a leak filler in with my refrigerant,(per instruction of matag service dept) instead of replacing coil. now when in running mode there is a noise. sounds kind of like gurgling and or clicking, maybe a sputtering of sorts. he said it sounded like there might be air or water in the line. put in a dryer to get it out. did not work, he has no clue to what it is and is waiting for maytag response. any clue with what i have described.

Regros,

You've got me stumped, I've never heard of a"stop leak" for a refrigerator sealed system, but anything is possible ???

Is your servicer sure, he properly re filled the system with the proper amount of refrigerant ?

Some gurgling noise is normal( when the refrigerant enters the evaporator coil, it expands and can or does gurgle or pop). an anti gurgle noise kit usually reduces the noise to an acceptable level,

Part number: AP4009410

As long as he did the recovery process properly(system needs to be put into a vaccuum, to dehydrate moisture), and installed a new filter dryer, things should be OK.

If there was water or non condensables in the system, your fridge would have restricted and quit cooling properly in a matter of minutes/hours.

You should probably have the servicer return and check for a proper frost pattern on the evaporator and system pressures.

If all is OK, then install the noise kit.

:) :) :)
regros  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2010 1:04:15 PM(UTC)
regros

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Regros,

You've got me stumped, I've never heard of a"stop leak" for a refrigerator sealed system, but anything is possible ???

Is your servicer sure, he properly re filled the system with the proper amount of refrigerant ?

Some gurgling noise is normal( when the refrigerant enters the evaporator coil, it expands and can or does gurgle or pop). an anti gurgle noise kit usually reduces the noise to an acceptable level,

As long as he did the recovery process properly(system needs to be put into a vaccuum, to dehydrate moisture), and installed a new filter dryer, things should be OK.

If there was water or non condensables in the system, your fridge would have restricted and quit cooling properly in a matter of minutes/hours.

You should probably have the servicer return and check for a proper frost pattern on the evaporator and system pressures.

If all is OK, then install the noise kit.

thank you for the quick reply, certainly much faster than my service guy. this is definitely not normal and a noise kit for sure won't fix this, but thanks for the help.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2010 2:09:23 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

thank you for the quick reply, certainly much faster than my service guy. this is definitely not normal and a noise kit for sure won't fix this, but thanks for the help.

Regros,

Bad news, unfortunately,

I checked with a colleague, he and the corporation he works for, is not aware of any "stop leak" formula, that are "factory authorized" to repair refrigerator leaks in the system.

I wouldn't know where to go , other than, what ever he introduced into the sealed system, is what would be causing your noise.

Good Luck,

:confused: :confused: :confused:
regros  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 8:10:30 AM(UTC)
regros

thank you also for your input. i am wondering if this guy is trying to pull one over on me. he does seem to contradict himself. does anyone know a direct line to maytag to ask their techs?
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 9:05:31 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

thank you also for your input. i am wondering if this guy is trying to pull one over on me. he does seem to contradict himself. does anyone know a direct line to maytag to ask their techs?

Regros,

I used to work there, not that long ago.

Unless you're a "contracted", authorized servicer, with an account number, they will charge you for advise(used to be $29.95) now ???

Appliance Parts Pros, is one of the few companies that offer parts and technical assistance at no charge.

If the service is an " authorized servicer " he's got an account number, he can call Tech assist from your home, if he has to.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
regros  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 1:22:11 PM(UTC)
regros

thank you for the heads up. looks like its time to have this guy crap or get off the pot. i think i need to have a one on one and this guy call and let me talk to maytag. if he refuses or says he cannot do that, than i think this mess is going to court. this has gone on now for seven months. thank you for all your help.
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 2:03:52 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

thank you for the heads up. looks like its time to have this guy crap or get off the pot. i think i need to have a one on one and this guy call and let me talk to maytag. if he refuses or says he cannot do that, than i think this mess is going to court. this has gone on now for seven months. thank you for all your help.

Regros,

We hope all goes well,

Were it me I would get a second opinion from a different servicer, before I'd go to court.

Good Luck,

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply