Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
medicmike13  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 3:51:52 PM(UTC)
medicmike13

Groups: Registered

My Maytag side by side stopped running altogether a few weeks ago. A technician friend of mine came over and turned the defrost timer so that it started again. He told me how to replace it and he left. I ordered the part and waited. While waiting I noticed that when the fridge stopped working that I could tap the top panel (where the defrost timer and temp control is) and it would start. Sometimes only for a few seconds, other times it would start to run again like nothing was wrong. I would also notice that the timer would stop "ticking" when the fridge stopped running. The part came in tonight, so I installed it without a problem. Put everything back together and the fridge stopped again, after only running for a minute or so. There is no ice built up in the back of my freezer. When I take the panel off of the back of the freezer that holds the coil to the temp control assembly it looks clean. The first time that I touched it though, the fridge immediately started right back up again. After another 2 minutes or so, it stopped again. Since shaking it seemed to get it to start again, I figured on a wiring problem. Pulled it all apart and looked at the wiring. All seemed to be tight and clean. I am stuck and have no idea what else to do. Of another note, sometimes I can trick it into starting by turning the freezer control all the way down and right back up again. Please help, I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

Thanks, Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.