Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SuperMomRN  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 9:17:42 PM(UTC)
SuperMomRN

Groups: Registered

Icemaker not making full ice. Replaced the dual inlet (solenoid) valve last night. Prior to that, water was leaking from the in-door water dispenser and nothing was going to the icemaker. After replacing the valve, water to door is perfect.
This morning, when there was still no ice, I jumped H-T to initiate a harvest cycle, it worked and there was some water coming into the trays. Later on, a few whole cubes of ice and a few half cubes came out. Further in the day, half cubes again. I repeated the H-T jump and waited to see how much water actually went into the tray and it seems like the trays are barely being filled. I am guessing this is possibly a partially frozen fill tube?? Wanted to try open the fill valve and see if I can manually fill the trays. I have somewhat pieced together from other posts that I can do that by jumping V-N. Is this correct??? Is there any merit to trying that or should I just try to defrost the fill tube?

Thanks for your help!
Lisa
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2010 3:33:05 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: SuperMomRN Go to Quoted Post
Icemaker not making full ice. Replaced the dual inlet (solenoid) valve last night. Prior to that, water was leaking from the in-door water dispenser and nothing was going to the icemaker. After replacing the valve, water to door is perfect.
This morning, when there was still no ice, I jumped H-T to initiate a harvest cycle, it worked and there was some water coming into the trays. Later on, a few whole cubes of ice and a few half cubes came out. Further in the day, half cubes again. I repeated the H-T jump and waited to see how much water actually went into the tray and it seems like the trays are barely being filled. I am guessing this is possibly a partially frozen fill tube?? Wanted to try open the fill valve and see if I can manually fill the trays. I have somewhat pieced together from other posts that I can do that by jumping V-N. Is this correct??? Is there any merit to trying that or should I just try to defrost the fill tube?

Thanks for your help!
Lisa

Lisa, I would check the fill tube. Also, I guess the water is coming out of the dispenser, at a good rate. If it is coming out slow, you could have a water pressure issue. I just want to bring a few things to the table here. If the pressure is good coming out of the dispenser, and you replaced the water valve, you will either have a partially clogged water filltube, or a clogged water filter. Lisa, run a cycle again . When it fills, see how long it fills for. It should fill for about 9 to 11 seconds. If not there is a small white plastic groove on the right side of the icemaker head, right about in the middle. That is a water fill time adjustment screw. I can't remember if you ad time clockwise or counter clockwise. Trey it and see if that helps. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
SuperMomRN  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2010 11:21:15 AM(UTC)
SuperMomRN

Groups: Registered

Thanks, Tom! I defrosted the fill tube, but still not full trays with the forced jump. I then tried the screw to adjust the water level. It was a fix! I now have tons of full cubes. Thanks for taking the time to answer!!

Happy Holidays to you!
Lisa
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 3:45:05 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: SuperMomRN Go to Quoted Post
Thanks, Tom! I defrosted the fill tube, but still not full trays with the forced jump. I then tried the screw to adjust the water level. It was a fix! I now have tons of full cubes. Thanks for taking the time to answer!!

Happy Holidays to you!
Lisa

I am glad you got it Super Mom!!! That is the way to hang in there. You are one smart women!! Happy Holiday's to you, and your family!!!! Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply