Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jmath22  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2010 11:30:37 AM(UTC)
jmath22

Groups: Registered

I have a frigidaire FRS26BRDSB3 that works fine on the freezer side but the fresh food side only gets down to about 40 degrees on the coldest setting (6). I have checked the evaporator coils and they frost evenly and the fan works, the defrost heater glows and melts the frost. Compressor works fine and frosts the coils evenly. Condenser coils are clean and the fan works. Damper opens and closes fine. One thing I noticed is when I turn the fresh food thermostat after the fridge has been closed and down to the coldest temp, the thermostat doesn't turn off and click until between the 1 and 2 like it isn't working properly. Then it doesn't come on right away when I turn it back to 6. Could I have a bad adaptive control board or should I replace the fresh food thermostat? Or maybe something else. Thanks for any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2010 1:14:50 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Do not play with the temperature controls.

If you turned off the compressor by turning any of the temperature controls, you have to wait at least 15 minutes before you turn it back on. Otherwise it can damage the compressor.

You have to wait about 24 hours after any temperature adjustments to see the result.

According to your description I don't think there is a mechanical problem. Most likely it needs just the correct settings. Be advised that the normal temperatures are: freezer - about 0°F, refrigerator - between 36°F to 40°F on different levels. Start the adjustment from the freezer.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE FRS26BRDSB3 Frigidaire/refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
jmath22  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2010 2:27:26 PM(UTC)
jmath22

The freezer is already at the coldest level of 6 and so is the fridge side. It still is about 40 degrees after a 24 hour wait, is that normal for having it on the coldest setting?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 2:15:57 PM(UTC)
Gene

What is the temperature in the freezer?

Gene.
clarita  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2010 6:55:29 PM(UTC)
clarita

I have a whirlpool side by side refrigerator model #ED5HEXMQ00 and it is not cooling on both sides, i heard a clicking sounds in the compressor, what should i do?
Gene  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 8, 2010 5:24:45 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: clarita Go to Quoted Post
I have a whirlpool side by side refrigerator model #ED5HEXMQ00 and it is not cooling on both sides, i heard a clicking sounds in the compressor, what should i do?

Very likely the problem is a bad compressor start components. The model number you posted does not come up. Verify and repost it please.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply