Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mmetzing  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2010 4:50:00 AM(UTC)
mmetzing

Groups: Registered

The ice maker works and dispenses ice correctly but you have to stick your hand up inside the door to close the flap door after getting ice. If you dont do this, it remains open. What is makeing this happen? I dont see anything electronic that operates that and the spring in the flap is good and you can feel the tension on it still when you manually close it. You can also push it further open manually and it will stay that way until you manually close it.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

re19  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2010 3:44:20 PM(UTC)
re19

The dispenser mechanism may have been push to hard to one side or the other, in which case the pin on the right side of the dispenser may have poped out and is no longer operating the switch to close the flapper. I'm not a pro but this occured on my GE while I was serving the dispenser. I quickly found the problem after removing the dispenser arm from the door.
mmetzing  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2010 6:00:33 PM(UTC)
mmetzing

I removed the front electronics and found that the celenoid piston was rusted. I took it apart and sanded the rust off then oiled up the shaft, put it back together and it now works great!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply