Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dbayducks  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 11:30:56 PM(UTC)
dbayducks

Groups: Registered

The ice maker has stopped working. It is not getting water. I read in some of the other posts that the Whirlpool shuts off the ice maker if the temp is not 0-5 degrees. Is that standard in all models? Is it more likely that it is a valve? Please direct me as to where I should start on this model if anyone has an idea of what is most likely to be the problem.
Thanks!:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 5:09:31 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Look at the ice maker, and look at the fingers that knock the ice out. They should be at about 3 o'clock, just above the horizon of the icemaker. If not, replace the motor module. You can run it through a test cycle. Take the cover off the icemaker, and you will see holes in the front, with letters next to them. Get a wire about 8 inches long and strip back then ends about a 1/2 inch and stick one end in the M Hole, and the other in the N hole. The ice maker gear should start, if not replace the motor module, if it does take off, count to 10, and then pull the jumper wire out, and let it finish the cycle. If it finishes the cycle, and no water, you most likely have either a frozen water tube, where the water comes into the icemaker, or a bad water valve. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply