Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
athanosp  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 1:53:34 PM(UTC)
athanosp

Groups: Registered

My refrigerator makes ice ok but it stopped despencing water whacould be the problem? Can i fix it myself?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 6:38:19 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

Have you changed the water filter recently?
If not start with that, if the filter is old it can affect the water dispenser.

Nat
athanosp  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 8:02:51 AM(UTC)
athanosp

Replying about the filter - I did chnged the filter nad the dispencer stopped working in about a week after the change. Is it a bad filter? The ice maker works

athanosp
magician59  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 8:15:57 AM(UTC)
magician59

Check to make sure the filter is installed correctly. The water dispenser uses a separate water valve from the ice maker. It could be bad.
abadfish66  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 8:22:27 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Take off the toe kick under the doors, to the left you will see the water line to the freezer door. Disconnect the waterline connector. Close the freezer door and try to get water. If water comes out of the connector you just disconnected, then you have a frozen line in the freezer door. Post your findings
lon  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:19:18 AM(UTC)
lon

Have ice but not water in 3 yr old fridge. 1) Are there separate lines for water & ice maker? 2) When disconnecting polypro line at bottom of door hinge, no water flows out. Shouldn't it? 3) Thus I don't know if line froze or solenoid bad. Thanks.
magician59  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:34:33 AM(UTC)
magician59

You can test the valve by disconnecting it from the refrigerator and put a test cord on it. if water flows, then stops when you unplug it, the valve is good.
athanosp  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:39:27 AM(UTC)
athanosp

When I changed the filter on Nov. 1st the warter was running for a week and it stopped no more despencing. Do I call a technician or I could do it myself?

athanosp
Dave101526  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 9:09:08 AM(UTC)
Dave101526

Hello, I have a similar problem, but not sure what to do next. My ice maker works fine. The filter is brand new. I disconnected the line at the lower left front of the fridge and blew through the line and felt the air come thru the dispenser. I assume the line is not frozen? Then, what should I do next?

I didn't understand about putting a test cord on it? Would you please elaborate? Thanks!
magician59  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 9:31:05 AM(UTC)
magician59

The valve works on 110-120VAC. To test the valve, you can disconnect it from the refrigerator, usually by removing just two hex head screws. Disconnect only the water line from the valve to the dispenser and pull the valve out and away from the frig. It should be pretty obvious to you which side of the valve supplies the water dispenser. Remove the connectors from the terminals on that side. Take a power cord and attach terminal ends or alligator clips to the end. Make sure they are insulated from each other; attach them to the terminals of the valve. Plug it in and see if water flows. Unplug it and see if it stops flowing. No water? Replace the valve.
[COLOR="Red"]CAUTION: Be sure to unplug the refrigerator before you begin this procedure.[/COLOR]
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply