Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gstcat  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 5:41:25 AM(UTC)
gstcat

Groups: Registered

I have a new Fridgidaire Refrigerator Model FGHS2367KW1 with a Pure Source Ultra water filter. I am using RO filter water for the water source, but the pressure is low and does not fill the ice trays completly which results in small cubes. Is there a way that I can bypass the filter system or does Appliance Pros have a part that replaces the filter in order to bypass the system?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:40:50 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gstcat Go to Quoted Post
I have a new Fridgidaire Refrigerator Model FGHS2367KW1 with a Pure Source Ultra water filter. I am using RO filter water for the water source, but the pressure is low and does not fill the ice trays completly which results in small cubes. Is there a way that I can bypass the filter system or does Appliance Pros have a part that replaces the filter in order to bypass the system?

GST,

There are several things you should do for your particular circumstance.

A proper model number would be of better assistance, but

I believe your filter system has an automatic bypass system, when you remove the filter, in your case Remove the filter (information will be in your user's guide, in most cases a 1/4 to 1/2 turn counterclockwise, or until a click is heard and slide the filter out).

An R O system, wreaks havoc on a water dispenser / ice maker system, due to the reversal of pressure, and the low operating pressure of the unit.

You may want to contact the R O manufacturer, and see if they will supply you with a check valve or regulator that will maintain a constant 25 psi to the fill valve(s) of your refrigerator.

Or use a different water supply with the filter installed in the unit.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
gstcat  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 9:06:54 AM(UTC)
gstcat

The model number is correct. The unit was manufacture 08-09 by electrolux. To remove the filter you just push the filter in and it releases. There is not automatic bypass. I noticed that Appliance Parts Pro has some filter bypass units that look almost like what I would need but I hesitate to order one in case there may be some slight variances.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 2:02:56 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

The model number is correct. The unit was manufacture 08-09 by electrolux. To remove the filter you just push the filter in and it releases. There is not automatic bypass. I noticed that Appliance Parts Pro has some filter bypass units that look almost like what I would need but I hesitate to order one in case there may be some slight variances.

GST,

I cannot find a "bypass" plug for your filter system in my available parts research data bases.

I have our Parts Reseach team looking for one(part number).

In the mean time you may wish to contact the manufacturer or Check your User's Manual for accessories.

They (manufacturers) usually pack the plug with the unit, But you've probably misplaced it by now, or the installer took it by mistake.

I'll drop you a line if or when we get the part information, please do the same if you get the information first.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Joe / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 2:21:50 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
GST,

I cannot find a "bypass" plug for your filter system in my available parts research data bases.

I have our Parts Reseach team looking for one(part number).

In the mean time you may wish to contact the manufacturer or Check your User's Manual for accessories.

They (manufacturers) usually pack the plug with the unit, But you've probably misplaced it by now, or the installer took it by mistake.

I'll drop you a line if or when we get the part information, please do the same if you get the information first.

We have a part number for you :
(click on part number for part information)
Part number: AP4499610
Part number: AP4499610

It didn't take as long as I anticipated

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
gstcat  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 10:54:48 AM(UTC)
gstcat

Just a quick update. There is no filter bypass available for my model of Frigidaire refrigerator. I was able to bypass the filter by using 2 5/16 inch Polypro Union Elbows and a short piece of 5/16 plastic tube. I just released the two plastic tubes going into the filter and placed the U shaped unit that I just built onto the lines coming to the filter. There was sufficient room behind the filter cover to hide the bypass.
Works fine.:)
Joe / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 7:11:05 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Just a quick update. There is no filter bypass available for my model of Frigidaire refrigerator. I was able to bypass the filter by using 2 5/16 inch Polypro Union Elbows and a short piece of 5/16 plastic tube. I just released the two plastic tubes going into the filter and placed the U shaped unit that I just built onto the lines coming to the filter. There was sufficient room behind the filter cover to hide the bypass.
Works fine.:)

I'm surprised,

I did'nt like the looks of the manufacturer bypass, but we got that part number from the manufacturer ??

Great job as far as bypassing the fliter system, I would have given you that procedure as a last resort.

Glad to Know you're up and running, and everything is working fine.

Thanks for the update,

Good Luck,
gstcat  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2010 12:29:38 PM(UTC)
gstcat

Another update. I wrote to the president of Fridgidaire and got a reply, also a filter bypass. The unit looks exactly like the stock filter. Part number is: 241791602 Bypass. (Electrolux part).:)
Joe / APP Team  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2010 1:44:21 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Another update. I wrote to the president of Fridgidaire and got a reply, also a filter bypass. The unit looks exactly like the stock filter. Part number is: 241791602 Bypass. (Electrolux part).:)

Gstcat,

Thanks for the update.

I'll have to inform our research team, so we have a record here.

We're glad for you,

Thanks,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply