Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
desahntnik  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 1:33:41 PM(UTC)
desahntnik

Groups: Registered

My ice maker was not making good cubes, so I replaced the water tap at the faucet. It made great cubes for a day, then I noticed a pool of water under the fridge. Pulled unit out, vacuumed coils and cleaned up the bottom (drip pan was not frozen/appeared OK).

Freezer is still not cold enough and still no cubes 24 hrs later. Pulled unit out today and discovered that a 3 way water bracket is broken on the Y below the water valve. This appears to have been the source of the water, just need to know what part it is (seems like it has been replaced by manufacturer?). The piece I’m talking about is below the PN#1135 and connects the PN#1215 tubes into a single line in the fridge (diagram 5, lower right) Replacement parts for AMANA SXD26VW Ref - SXS/I&W | AppliancePartsPros.com

Also discovered today that the freezer side is not freezing after discovering the broken Y adapter – I don’t believe that water line has anything to do w/ the non-freezing issue and need help on this as well. Noticed in another post that a compressor starter unit was the culprit for another case like this, but different manufacturer on the fridge. I can’t find anything labeled a starter unit in the Amana parts list, so I don’t know what to check for.

Anyway, any help and or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.