Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Scynix  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2010 1:30:06 PM(UTC)
Scynix

Groups: Registered

Hello all,
My family and I are literally going crazy over this issue. Our fridge is (for the most part) in warranty. We contacted Samsung, who directed us to a local "authorized" repair business. They've been attempting to fix our fridge for nearly three months now.

We have a Samsung sidexside RS267LASH. For what we can tell is no apparent reason, the fridge and freezer will simply stop cooling. Given some time, it usually comes back on by itself, but of course this "time" is 1-2 days, and means we can't actually use it for storage.

The main board has been replaced twice. The tech claims "Every major component he can think of" has been replaced. On numerous occasions, we have pointed out that the temperature display only works going "down". If we reconnect the fridge when its malfunctioning, the display will correctly show it (30-40+ freezer side, 50-70+ fridge side). When it starts working, it drops down to the set temperatures. At that point, it no longer reflects the internal temperature. Ever. We've placed several different kinds (even a simple coil based) thermometers inside and unfortunately are forced to use these to know when the fridge has decided to stop working. I can periodically hear a buzzing coming from the lower left (facing the back) of the fridge, but this occurs randomly whether the fridge is working or not.

We do not know what to do next. Or where to look.
We've lost all faith in the "authorized repair tech" being able to actually repair it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.