Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brian_tr  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 5, 2010 6:24:42 AM(UTC)
brian_tr

Groups: Registered

Problem started a couple of days ago. Everything in freezer had thawed out. Compressor and fan was not running. Tapped on panel that has thermostat and turned thermostat up and started running. Ran all day. Checked next morning and was off again. Turned defrost timer and turned back on. Replaced defrost timer. Ran all day after that. This morning it was off again. Turned thermostat up and nothing. Turned defrost timer and still nothing. Turned themostat to off and back on and it started. Do I possibly have a bad thermometer? Where would it be located?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brian_tr  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 5, 2010 4:52:22 PM(UTC)
brian_tr

Ok this things got me baffled. Quit runnig again. Gave it a couple of hours to make sure it was not suppose to be running. Ice starting to melt in ice tray. Turned therostat up and nothing. Turned thermostat to off then back on and still nothing. Turned defrost timer and nothing. Turned therostat back off and on then started working again. When I installed defrost timer I set it to cumulative run hook up. Any idea's. I am losing my job to overseas and really dont need to buy another fridge if I dont have to. Also still have a freezer and fridge full of food trying to save. Can not seem to find a wiring diagram anywhere. This might help.

Got to thinking is there a relay that after the defrost cycle that might be sticking not letting it start up again.?

Not running again this morning. Turned thermostat off and on several times before it finally came back on. Also when turning therostat off and on the light blinks like a power surge.

Originally Posted by: brian_tr Go to Quoted Post
Problem started a couple of days ago. Everything in freezer had thawed out. Compressor and fan was not running. Tapped on panel that has thermostat and turned thermostat up and started running. Ran all day. Checked next morning and was off again. Turned defrost timer and turned back on. Replaced defrost timer. Ran all day after that. This morning it was off again. Turned thermostat up and nothing. Turned defrost timer and still nothing. Turned themostat to off and back on and it started. Do I possibly have a bad thermometer? Where would it be located?
brian_tr  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2010 9:24:16 AM(UTC)
brian_tr

Ok after looking at this thing without a wiring diagram I am starting to make some sense out of this. From what I can tell the orange wire from the thermostat goes to the defrost timer and the red wire from the timer powers the unit. So if problem is the thermostat I will lose voltage on the orange wire from thermostat and also red wire from timer. Is that correct? Does the red wire from timer go straight to the fan or does it go through a relay? This would sure be easier if I had a wiring diagram. I looked everywhere on fridge and can not find one.
brian_tr  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2010 1:46:27 PM(UTC)
brian_tr

Looks like its my thermostat. 120v on the black wire and nothing on the orange. Turned on and off a few times and than started again. 120 on the orange. Is there a trick to pulling out the sensor? Will it come out by just pulling on wire or do you have to disassemble to remove?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply