Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tomppan  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2010 9:41:21 AM(UTC)
tomppan

Groups: Registered

Water is leaking ,sometimes pouring down,from top of the refrigerator. Some say to clean up the drain tube,but I can't find where the tube is. Some say to buy a kit to replace the old one but I hope there's instruction on how to do it for I can not find a way to disasemble the top part of the fridge. There's no screw nothing. Or I may need a service manual.Can someone point a direction to me? Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2010 1:27:23 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Empty the freezer and remove the rear panel (#10 on the diagram). The drain hole should be in the drip pan under the evaporator coils.

Most likely it is frozen up. A hair dryer and a turkey baster with hot water will help you to defrost and clean the drain.

Make sure the other end of the drain tube (#7 on the diagram) is clean as well.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for AMANA TX18NB Ref - Top Mount | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
tomppan  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 5:37:35 PM(UTC)
tomppan

Thanks for the reply.I finally got time to do something about this during the holiday.I've taken apart the fridge,unplugged it for two days,and found ice in the opening of the drain.I cleaned it up ,put things back on.The freezer looked clean not frosting.I turned the fridge to 3 and freezer to 6. For two weeks things looked promising.I thought I've got this fixed. Sadly,no,two days ago it start dripping again. My observation during these two weeks are as follows. 1)Both freezer and fridge were operated in proper manner and proper temperature. 2)No water was found in the pan.

So what next? During the cleaning I did take out the ice from the opening of the draining tube but not really getting a steel wire going through the tube. And may be I should turn down the freezer further. Any other suggestions?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2011 1:21:49 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Did you run some hot water through the drain tube while the refrigerator was defrosted? Looks like it is clogged.

Gene.
tomppan  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:37:55 PM(UTC)
tomppan

I didn't use hot water but I blew it and the other end was dipped into water.It seemed was working at the time. I might open up the drain again tomorrow.I am quite sure it is plugged.But I want to know why. What is right above the opening of the drain? I think it is a foam material rail network to collect water after defroasting. I tried open up the metal pan(which the foam structure reside)last time around but couldn't.It was tight.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply