Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tfoste  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:46:12 PM(UTC)
tfoste

Groups: Registered

Is there a way to take the dispensing control panel, on the front of the freezer door, off so i can get at the ice chute? The flap in the chute seems loose but I don't know how to get at it to fix it.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 3:52:19 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tfoste Go to Quoted Post
Is there a way to take the dispensing control panel, on the front of the freezer door, off so i can get at the ice chute? The flap in the chute seems loose but I don't know how to get at it to fix it.

T,

To remove the dispenser escutcheon(trim panel), you'll need a flat blade screw driver.

Remove the drip tray from the dispenser,

look at the bottom edge of the trim panel, you should see two slots one near each corner.

Use the tray as a pad, insert the screw driver into the slot and pry out, carefully, once you have the bottom pryed out lift up on the panel, and it will unlock from the slots in the housing and can be removed.

Dismount the switch panel / cover assembly across the top interior portion of the housing, then you'll have access to the paddles and pivots to determine what's wrong.

I have a feeling you may need the chute door repair kit,

Part number: AP3872692
Part number: AP3872692

Good Luck,
:cool: :cool: :cool:
tfoste  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 4:57:00 AM(UTC)
tfoste

Groups: Registered

Thanks!! After getting the trim panel off I noticed where the flap in the ice chute pivots, is broke. It is the dispensor housing, I tried to superglue it back toghether..... and I did, but I doubt it will hold for very long. I called sears parts direct and of course the dispensor housing is an unserviceable part. However i could by a whole new freezer door.......for 465.00!! That's half of what I payed for the whole refrigerator. The funny thing is, is that the person I talked to at the sears parts center said he could have sold thousands of the dispensor housings. Seems like a design flaw. Do you guys carry this part?
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:14:22 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tfoste Go to Quoted Post
Thanks!! After getting the trim panel off I noticed where the flap in the ice chute pivots, is broke. It is the dispensor housing, I tried to superglue it back toghether..... and I did, but I doubt it will hold for very long. I called sears parts direct and of course the dispensor housing is an unserviceable part. However i could by a whole new freezer door.......for 465.00!! That's half of what I payed for the whole refrigerator. The funny thing is, is that the person I talked to at the sears parts center said he could have sold thousands of the dispensor housings. Seems like a design flaw. Do you guys carry this part?

T,

Sears, was correct, there is no repair for that particular failure, other than a new door, officially.

That's why I sent you the part number on my previous post.(AP3872692).

It will have all the parts you need to repair your broken dispenser flapper, and includes an instruction sheet.

It's way less expensive than a new freezer door,and a lot less labor intensive.

Good Luck,
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply