Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
njohnson1999  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:46:48 PM(UTC)
njohnson1999

Groups: Registered

Recently out Samsung refrigerator (RB195BSSW) had the refrigerator ice up. A few days later we noticed the freezer wasn't cooling and the coils in the back of it to were all iced up. Given that both the refrigerator and freezer iced up within days it seems that the culprit is something that controls both defrost cycles. From what I read it sounds like all defrost controls are handled by the main board and any defrost timers/controls are integrated into the board. So I would have to just replace the main board. Any other thermistors or other parts that might also be problematic or should be replaced at the same time?

I called and got estimates from a couple repair shops and everyone said $350-400 to replace the main board so I just ordered one off your site. Wondering how difficult is replacing the main board. Anything more than just getting to the old one, snapping it out and snapping a new one back in. It seems some models require cutting wires and making various adjustments. Thanks for your help.

Nic
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.