Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
arianamb1  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:30:39 AM(UTC)
arianamb1

Groups: Registered

So, I left the fridge door open a few inches overnight. Of course, for some reason, every time my roommate (who owns the house) goes out of town for a week, I do something like this - but it's usually more along the lines of accidentally breaking a wine glass, or forgetting to lock the deadbolt overnight. This seems like a big one, and I'm freaking out a bit, since I have very little money to make repairs.
When I realized what I'd done, the inside of the fridge was warm, the lightbulb was very, very hot, there was a slight burny smell, but the food was still relatively cool except for the stuff right near the lightbulb. The freezer still works fine. I turned the fridge up to highest level of cold and set a bowl of ice in there to try and get it cooled off for the sake of the food. Checked 10 min later, felt cool air blowing from the top/back of the fridge. Can't tell the brand/model - it doesn't seem to have a brand anywhere, but I do know that it's less than 6 months old. Any advice on what I should do? Thanks so much.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.