Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
xechoxx  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 8:50:55 AM(UTC)
xechoxx

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore Coldspot model 106.8648611. After having issues with fridge being too warm, I noticed the defrost timer was not advancing. I replaced the timer with the exact part (part no 483212) but the issue remains. I've been manually turning the timer to run the defrost cycle about twice a day for a couple weeks, and it keeps cool, but not enough (Milk went bad too early, ice cream completely soft, yet ice freezes). I opened the freezer panel and I see ice buildup around the edges of the evaporator coil (is that the right terminology?) but not inside it. I can feel the heater warming up so I assume it's doing it's job, is it doing well it enough? While I had the panel open I got rid of the ice with a blow dryer and after a few hours the fridge is significantly colder.

Here is a picture of the ice buildup: http://imgur.com/rmRen.jpg I think (but I'm not sure) the schematic to my fridge is located here: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...5201-00007.png

At this point I'm not sure what the issue is... I'm not experienced with this. Can anyone help me find the issue? Is there any more information I need to give?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.