Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
triciajenkins  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 8, 2010 5:35:45 AM(UTC)
triciajenkins

Groups: Registered

Two days ago I noticed a buzzing sound coming from my refrigerator. Every few minutes the buzzing starts and stops. This morning everything in my freezer has thawed and the top portion of the refrigerator is warm. The buzzing just stopped a few minutes ago. Help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 8, 2010 1:06:29 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: triciajenkins Go to Quoted Post
Two days ago I noticed a buzzing sound coming from my refrigerator. Every few minutes the buzzing starts and stops. This morning everything in my freezer has thawed and the top portion of the refrigerator is warm. The buzzing just stopped a few minutes ago. Help!

Tricia,

Where was the noise coming from, front, back, top, bottom ?

And a model number would help, a lot.

Thanks,

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Miss Donna  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 9:55:36 AM(UTC)
Miss Donna

MAYTAG, Model # MFD2561HEW

I,m haveing the same problem called a repairman but he knew nothing about the unit and suggested unpluging it so it could reboot its self, we did and it works for a while, the last time I unpluged it was about 2 weeks ago at 2am when I got up to let the dogs out and then pluged it back in when I got up around 7 am this morning when my husband got up the temps were up, don't want to have to keep unpluging it every couple of days or weeks.

Originally Posted by: triciajenkins Go to Quoted Post
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 10:40:31 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: Miss Donna Go to Quoted Post
MAYTAG, Model # MFD2561HEW

I,m haveing the same problem called a repairman but he knew nothing about the unit and suggested unpluging it so it could reboot its self, we did and it works for a while, the last time I unpluged it was about 2 weeks ago at 2am when I got up to let the dogs out and then pluged it back in when I got up around 7 am this morning when my husband got up the temps were up, don't want to have to keep unpluging it every couple of days or weeks.

Well,

Most likely,

You have an intermittent problem in your electronic control board or compressor start circuitry(relay).

Both of those components are located on the back of the refrigerator, in the right rear corner(looking at the machine from the front).

Next time it makes the noise, try and isolate the noise to the components before you reset the control.

Let us know what you find, where the noise is and we can help you from there.

:) :) :)
Miss Donna  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 11:10:26 AM(UTC)
Miss Donna

Thank you for such a quick response, I will have my Husband pull the fridge out and check it and let you know what we find.
Once again Thank You so much
Miss Donna
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 1:52:41 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thank you for such a quick response, I will have my Husband pull the fridge out and check it and let you know what we find.
Once again Thank You so much
Miss Donna

Miss Donna,

You're welcome,

Hopefully we'll hear from you soon and get yopu up and going, properly.

Miss Donna  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 8:39:45 PM(UTC)
Miss Donna

Ok, I think I have isolated the noise to the compressor, it sounds like it is comeing from the conection plug, now as far as resetting the control, is there something I should be doing besides just unplugging the unit.
Do I need to call a repair man or could my husband replace the compressor if the is what it is?
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Miss Donna:(
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2010 9:10:41 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Ok, I think I have isolated the noise to the compressor, it sounds like it is comeing from the conection plug, now as far as resetting the control, is there something I should be doing besides just unplugging the unit.
Do I need to call a repair man or could my husband replace the compressor if the is what it is?
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Miss Donna:(

Miss Donna,

A compressor replacement, is something your husband is not eqipped to do.

It requires special tools,guages,meters and refrigerant.

Let's hope, it is just a loose connection or a bad start relay / overload assembly, you make it sound as, he should be able to handle that.

Part number: AP4079373
Part number: AP4079373

It could be a "main control" board, but start at the relay/overload.

Good Luck,

Miss Donna  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:03:25 PM(UTC)
Miss Donna

I ordered the part ,#AP4079373, and received it about 2 weeks ago but the fridge was working fine until last night so my husband just replaced the part this morning and about 3 or 4 hours after it was replaced it started makeing the noise again and the temp began to climb, so now I'm assumeing that the main control board needs to be replaced, correct ?
could you be so kind as to let me know what part # that is.

Thank You so much,
Miss Donna
Joe / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 2:38:38 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

I ordered the part ,#AP4079373, and received it about 2 weeks ago but the fridge was working fine until last night so my husband just replaced the part this morning and about 3 or 4 hours after it was replaced it started makeing the noise again and the temp began to climb, so now I'm assumeing that the main control board needs to be replaced, correct ?
could you be so kind as to let me know what part # that is.

Thank You so much,
Miss Donna

Miss Donna,

The part number for your electronic control board, as you requested:

Part number: AP4434691
Part number: AP4434691

That control board is located in the same area as the compressor(where your husband repalced the relay kit)

It (the plastic box) will need to be removed from the base frame, openned,and the printed circuit board removed to replace the board.

** I reccomend you install the new printed circuit board first, then switch the wire harness connectors from the old ,to the new, then install the box back on the base frame. **

Good Luck,

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply