Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
the-jag-guy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:59:12 AM(UTC)
the-jag-guy

Groups: Registered

We've owned this refrigerator since new and recently it just stopped cooling. It's in our garage and everything defrosted in the freezer before a problem was noticed. Initially I could hear the compressor start relay engage and then click off (and no compressor running) and I have a feeling this may have gone on for several days. The compressor/condenser fan underneath, and the fan inside the freezer/refrigerator were running normally- just no cooling. I pulled off the relay and thermal overload units on the compressor and replaced them with new parts (the old relay had a some parts rattling around in it.

After replacing these parts per the instructions in the kit, the refrigerator ran for a few minutes and then stopped, and now even the fans aren't running. There was no excessive noise, no heating up of parts (compressor was still cool tot he touch) The lights inside the door work fine, and there is power coming into the unit.

Note- at the same time the refrigerator was running after the repair, I was removing the icemaker from the freezer (it was never pumbed in the garage). I loosened the screws, unplugged the electrical connector from the back, and removed the unit. Shortly afterward, the refrigerator stopped as described above. Could it be related to the icemaker? Plugging the icemaker back in had no effect.

I've tried several times to let it sit for 15-20 minutes and then plug it back in- no change. Lights only- no fans, no compressor, and no compressor start clicks.

Any thoughts? This has been a good unit for us.....
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.