Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tcangas  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 8:56:41 PM(UTC)
Tcangas

Groups: Registered

This built in has been great but the last year it appears the condenser fan or something (?) is failing. The center divider is often (twice a week and seemingly more frequent) getting so hot you can't even touch it.

We're starting to see cracking develop at the top of the divider. I pulled the top panel off and the condenser fan is not coming on when the compressor does...or if it does, it's erratic at best.

Is this a fan motor issue or is there a relay on the control board that covers this? I was thinking to replace these two parts first at a cost close to what it would cost me for a service call with nothing to show for.

These seem to be the logical source of the problem but if I'm off, let me know. Is it better to have this diagnosed with the service call or go with the probable cause of fan motor or relay? Also, I can't seem to locate the part # for the relay-have it for the fan motor but can't find the relay. Any help here would be appreciated also.

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.