Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
v2k04  
#21 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2008 1:21:12 PM(UTC)
v2k04

Groups: Senior Expert

I will have to disagree with you that frig has two solonoids. well actually 4 has two valves 2 solonoids on each

UserPostedImage
lmmtz1  
#22 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2008 2:12:43 PM(UTC)
lmmtz1

Groups: Registered

yes 2 so what do u think it is still the valve?
v2k04  
#23 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2008 2:21:44 PM(UTC)
v2k04

I would ohm out each solonoid they should all have the same reading if not replace it Also did you try to force cycle the icemaker then read voltage from the solonoid that controls the water flow to ice maker? Pull cover off icemaker put a jumper wire between T & H door has to be closed for ice maker to cycle, or hold door switch when you hear it click remove jumper wire, when the ejector rod is in the 11=12 oclock position it should put voltage to valve, with your meter after cyleing icemaker check that the valve is receiving voltage
v2k04  
#24 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2008 2:33:07 PM(UTC)
v2k04

The easiest way to determine if a valve is bad is to put voltage to it take an extension cord cut the end off bare each wire plug it into a wall and hold each bare end on each terminal of the valve that controls the icemaker it will be the one with the 1/4 in tubing hooked to it if it energizes when voltage applied and fills the icemaker the valve is good if not the solonoid is shorted or open if you want to get fancy with your test cord crimp on female terminal to each bare wire and plug it into the solonoid or use aligator clips if the valve proves good the problem is in the icemaker or you didn't get the tube all the way thawed out
lmmtz1  
#25 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2008 2:38:16 PM(UTC)
lmmtz1

Groups: Registered

what is the best way to thaw it out all the way.
v2k04  
#26 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2008 2:42:10 PM(UTC)
v2k04

I take a syringe or a empty turbine oil bottle with a zoom spout and fuill it with hot water and squirt it up the fill tube untill I can see all the way to the back or you can remove it from the back of frig and run hot water through it I've even used a turkey baster in an emergency lol
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply