Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<1234>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
v2k04  
#11 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 7:08:10 AM(UTC)
v2k04

Groups: Senior Expert

G E's tool will hook on the bottom flange and screw tight against fitting and open the vlave and on the other end of the tool will be a 1/4 flare to hook up your gages but for the most part just add your own access valve and leave that one alone
Bohnenblust  
#12 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 7:11:48 AM(UTC)
Bohnenblust

Groups: Registered

Thanks I hope that this works!
Bohnenblust  
#13 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 7:30:35 AM(UTC)
Bohnenblust

Have you seen one of those adapters for the GE port?
Bohnenblust  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:57:18 PM(UTC)
Bohnenblust

I got it all back together and we charged it but only had 10oz on hand and ordered more, it works great until it hits 45 inside temp, then it stops circulating and pulls a vacume. If we leave it for a while then try again it works great. could it be low freon or water in the system?
v2k04  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 2:25:47 PM(UTC)
v2k04

you could have a floating restriction how many ozs does it hold? if its low that will show up right away what freon did you use? what are the pressures? did you replace the drier? did you pull a vacuum before recharging it? you could have air in the system.did you flush it good with nitrogen? you can add thawzone to it. lots a stuff it could be
Bohnenblust  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:00:12 PM(UTC)
Bohnenblust

it says 1#. R-12 it runs at about 10 on the low side when working right. No we did not replace the drier. yes about 30 in vac for 20 min. we didnt have nitrogen available. the low side pulls a vac then I turn it off and about 15 the pressure finaly releases and it rises. What happens when its low on freon?
v2k04  
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 7:21:45 AM(UTC)
v2k04

When I replace a compressor or do a sealed system this is what I do after I recover freon I flush system with nitrogen both hi and lo sides. I always replace the drier as it could have a restriction in it I get one with a hi side valve so that when I am done with the plumbing. I can pressure it up and check for leaks then I put a vacuum pump on both valves and pull in a vac for min of 30 minutes the longer the better pull it in a deep vacuum. Then let it sit for awhile to see if my pressure on my gages rise which would tell med it's leaking. after that I charge it if its working properly my drier will be warm and on r-12 my hi side may be 150 or better and my low will be 3-4 lbs. When a system is low it will run in a vacuum anywhere between 1 inch and 20 inch if it goes in a deeper vac than that it's restricted
Bohnenblust  
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 7:48:24 AM(UTC)
Bohnenblust

The drier is aluminum and the tubing to it it aluminum so I didn't want to mess with that. What does the nitrogen do in a flush situation? Just check pressure on everything or bond with moisture and oxygen? I will try the thawzone just picked some up, boy it is a cheap fix if it works.
v2k04  
#19 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 8:03:00 AM(UTC)
v2k04

The nitrogen is just air wich gets rid of any freon trapped and moisture etc. Don't think I've ever seen aluminum drier I know they used steel with a lot of nickle in it. Some of the old stuff is hard to work with tho
Bohnenblust  
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 8:04:39 AM(UTC)
Bohnenblust

might be steel I didnt stick a magnet to it it just looked hard to work with and very large like a long redbull can.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply