Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aslsigner  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 11:45:13 AM(UTC)
aslsigner

Groups: Registered

I have this fridge and the ice maker works but the auger doesn't advance the ice nor does it crush (or maybe it does but since the auger isn't advancing the ice, there's nothing to crush).
The ice maker works fine and the ejector works when I manually advance the ice but I would guess the motor for the auger is bad.
When I push the button the front panel, I hear some buzzing that makes me think it might be working. I defrosted the ice tray and refilled it with made ice to no avail.
Is this an easy fix? Should I just replace the whole unit?

Thanks for any insight.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 1:06:36 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: aslsigner Go to Quoted Post
I have this fridge and the ice maker works but the auger doesn't advance the ice nor does it crush (or maybe it does but since the auger isn't advancing the ice, there's nothing to crush).
The ice maker works fine and the ejector works when I manually advance the ice but I would guess the motor for the auger is bad.
When I push the button the front panel, I hear some buzzing that makes me think it might be working. I defrosted the ice tray and refilled it with made ice to no avail.
Is this an easy fix? Should I just replace the whole unit?

Thanks for any insight.

How about trying this first ?

Remove the ice bin and dump all the cubes in a bowl and save them to put back in the bin,

Try turning the auger by hand, to see if it gets stuck or is jammed.

Part number: AP3045913
Part number: AP3045913

While the bin is out check to see if the drive fork is stripped on the motor shaft.

Part number: AP4363997
Part number: AP4363997

Then have some one select ice and press the paddle while you hold the door switch closed and see if the motor is running or humming.

Part number: AP2991305
Part number: AP2991305

If there is a hum and the fork does not turn,

You could try spraying WD40 on the motor shaft and rock the fork back and forth, and see if you can break it loose if it's stuck, or replace the part if needed.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
aslsigner  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2011 3:42:14 PM(UTC)
aslsigner

I just ordered this part from you (Part number: AP2991305) but the motor wasn't wrapped well in the packaging. As a result, the hard plastic rectangles that cover the sides of the copper colored wire were damaged, exposing the wire to the freezing air. Since there is also plastic around the body of the wire, I assume this wire must be covered while in the freezer. Can I fix this or will you send me a new one since the one you send me was improperly packaged? Thanks for the help.
aslsigner  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2011 4:58:30 PM(UTC)
aslsigner

Also, you included 4 screws but there are no screw holes in the device! The original motor had three grooved holes for screws but the motor I bought has several holes - none of them with grooves to hold a screw. Is this the wrong motor entirely? Thanks again for the help.
Joe / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2011 6:04:11 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: aslsigner Go to Quoted Post
Also, you included 4 screws but there are no screw holes in the device! The original motor had three grooved holes for screws but the motor I bought has several holes - none of them with grooves to hold a screw. Is this the wrong motor entirely? Thanks again for the help.

Aslsigner,

It's best you contact the AppliancePartsPros Call Center, 1-(877)-477-7278 , and arrange for another motor assembly to be sent out to you, and the old to be returned.

Most replacement components now come with self drilling, self tapping mounting screws, To help ease the installation of the comonent. Once you get a new motor assembly, you'll be fine.

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply