Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gregE  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:01:39 AM(UTC)
gregE

Groups: Registered

My GE Profile PD22SISARSS bottom-freezer refrigerator is not maintaining temperature. Freezer was ~25deg this morning and refrigerator was 45deg.

We previously (~2 months ago) had the motherboard replaced when the fridge was over temp and the digital display inside went blank. It ran fine after that, but now has started up again

Leads me to think that something else was wrong that killed the motherboard.

I suppose someone will suggest I follow the sticky post at the top of the forum, but I hope I could get more detail. Are we talking about parts #812 and #610 on the cabinet parts diagram?

Cabinet replacement parts for General Electric PDS22SISARSS Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

And I'm pretty clear on how to access the parts in the back, but the #722 assembly (includes part #610) - it looks like on the diagram that it is in the front of the refrigerator? Inside the freezer door or something? Just unclear from the diagram where that section is supposed to be located.

And if I have to replace one or the other of these fans, am I going to have to replace the motherboard again too? (It might be covered still under the previous repair that we had GE do, which would be handy...)

Thanks,
Greg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.