Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
C.David  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 4:11:12 AM(UTC)
C.David

Groups: Registered

Hello , I have a Fridgedaire -5 yrs+ old- model frt186awa that is frosting the evaporater coils , stopping air flow and cooling.I know it goes thru the defrost cycle (8hrs cool- 30min. heater on ) as I tripped the defrost cycle manually on the defrost timer(new) while I had the back freezer panel off. It defrosted and worked normal for 2 or 3 days then same problem again. I have a few questions , and thanks in advance for any responses . First, is it possible for the defrost heater to fail intermittently(SP?)? Second:Same question for the defrost limit thermostat . Third: Does the fan in the freezer compartment on my model shut off when the compressor shuts off? I know it shuts off during the defrost cycle (Or at least it did the time I had the back panel off watching). The problem I'm having is I'm pretty old and can not hear well ,so I can not tell if the compressor is shutting off properly(Maybe a bad temp controll thermostat)?Seems the fan runs all the time except when defrost cycle.
Anyway , thanks again for any help. It is much appreciated.
C.David
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.