Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lowtempman  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 7:34:08 AM(UTC)
lowtempman

Groups: Registered

Need to replace old condenser fan motor. Am looking at Part No AP3120994. It looks the same as the one in my fridge but website gives no dimensions. My fan , [ 4 blades] is exactly 6 inches in diameter. Anything greater will interfere with the housing that the fan goes inside. Anybody know what the diameter of this part happens to be?

Also if the motor should be correct I also am curious about the rotation. Website says clockwise but say not say from which view, shaft end or rear end. I am thinking it does not matter which rotation it is as I assume the fan can be reversed if it moves air the wrong direction. My existing motor turns ccw viewed form the fan end and is a draw through type air flow so the air flows over the motor to cool it.

I have done a lot of work on this old Norge. We have kept it because my wife likes the Coppertone color which is the same as our other old kitchen appliances. I just had our second Pyrex defrost heater installed and can help answer other questions anyone may have concerning their fridge.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 2:17:18 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
In all my 20 years of using these motors, I have never seen an oddball. They all turn the same direction and mount the same. Only problem I noticed was the power cord might interfere with the mounting bracket. Some of the really old refrigerators used a different size motor, but if the picture looks the same as your old one, it will probably mount ok.
lowtempman  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 5:47:14 AM(UTC)
lowtempman

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
In all my 20 years of using these motors, I have never seen an oddball. They all turn the same direction and mount the same. Only problem I noticed was the power cord might interfere with the mounting bracket. Some of the really old refrigerators used a different size motor, but if the picture looks the same as your old one, it will probably mount ok.

Thanks for the info. Fridge is working again AOK. Talked a serviceman into looking at it and he was able to find a replacement motor and also replaced the timer which also was not working. I expect the fridge to outlast my wife and me now.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply