Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jeff black  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:28:26 AM(UTC)
jeff black

Groups: Registered

jeff: Hello, I have a ge tfx25jrydww that is not cooling properly in the fresh food section only. Fresh food temp wont go below about 48. Freezer section is at -10. Removed evaporator cover last night and saw some ice above the lower heater but none above the upper heater. Melted the ice w/ hair dryer. evap drain is working fine. condenser is clean. evap fan runs constantly. I turned a screw on what I think is the defrost timer and it ratchets and will not turn back. I'm now lost. Thanks for listening, any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jeff black  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 2:58:08 PM(UTC)
jeff black

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: jeff black Go to Quoted Post
jeff: Hello, I have a ge tfx25jrydww that is not cooling properly in the fresh food section only. Fresh food temp wont go below about 48. Freezer section is at -10. Removed evaporator cover last night and saw some ice above the lower heater but none above the upper heater. Melted the ice w/ hair dryer. evap drain is working fine. condenser is clean. evap fan runs constantly. I turned a screw on what I think is the defrost timer and it ratchets and will not turn back. I'm now lost. Thanks for listening, any ideas?

So, I guess my question is, how is the air in the freezer supposed to cool the refrigerator? Is the evap fan the only one inside the fridge, or is there another one somewhere in there that I haven't seen yet? OK, game on, one response per household please!UserPostedImageThanks to all who have taken the time to read so far!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply