Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
libertyappl  
#11 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 9:45:56 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

Hopefully you didn't give too much for it. But just relist it someone else will need that one I'm sure!! I've bought several parts off ebay to helps some folks save some money!
Nat
Dave Jr.  
#12 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 9:55:24 AM(UTC)
Dave Jr.

Groups: Registered

I ask because of this post I found here. See bottom.

clicking noises and GE runaround
I also have the clicking noises from the back of my GE Refrigerator (GE PDS22MISACC) it is coming from the Main Control Board Assembly. The Refrigerator/freezer were warm this morning. luckily we did not lose to much food (dinner tonite is whatever that is thawed...) My thought is the Main Control Board Assembly is bad and need to be replaced. Called GE and they had no problem setting up a service call ($74.95) and told me it was out of warranty. But I was checking online to is if I could find the part locally when I came across this and one other site that stated that GE knows about this problem and was replacing them for free. So I called back to the service dept and parts dept and was told they did not know about it and that I should call GE customer relation dept. When I talked to her she wanted to know if it had been determined that the MB was bad. When I told her that the service appointment was on Monday she said if it is the MB that is the problem it will be replaced for free - both parts and labor.
To think I was going to buy the part ($157.61) and install it myself because the GE parts dept said it was not covered. I will post how it go's on Monday

** here it is Monday morning waiting for the appointed time (sometime between 8 am and noon). The tech shows up at 11:45 (wish they would call and let you know how their day is running - I have been in sales - it is not that hard) . he comes in with the board and before even pulling the frig away from the says the board is the problem and that it would be $100.00. asked why and he said it is over 3 years old. I told him we need to call customer relation dept. because she had all of the info (sale date) and had said it is listed as free replacement. Sooo he right away says he will install it for free because he does not want to deal with the customer Relation dept.... I cant prove it but it made me wonder how many pay when they don't have to.

old MB WR55X10416
new MB WR55X10552
#13 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 10:06:02 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

Unfortuneately, there are some service companies that do that on a regular basis. Which of course give everyone else in the business a bad reputation. Hopefully the new board will get you running correctly!! Our parts supplier doesn't list that, but I will make a note of it!
We do not do GE warranty ourselves because of such run arounds. I don't get those from The ones we do warranty work for.
Nat
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply