Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
etshoun  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 27, 2008 4:44:22 PM(UTC)
etshoun

Groups: Registered

The cam risers on the bottom of the freezer door on my side by side
ref/freezer have worn out.
What is the best way to take the door apart? It seems that I have to because hose to the water dispenser runs thru the risers.
If I take the hose loose at the plastic union, will I be able to put
it back together without it leaking after I run the hose thru the new
risers?
:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Zanshin  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 27, 2008 5:05:55 PM(UTC)
Zanshin

Although it sounds very technical, its not really, I doubt you have to replace the cams on the freezer side they hardly wear out, its the weight of the fridge door that normally causes fault. So thats a good thing, you won't have to worry about the water line, even if you did, just disconnecting the line at the fitting under the front grill is all thats required, having a second pair of hands to guide it back thru the lower bracket would be nice but not mandatory.
On either side, take everything off the shelves inside, go to the top hinge and unbolt the hinge from the cabinent. Pick up the entire door and place it down on a blanket or rug. You can access the bottom cam risers very well now, reinstall and lubricate with some sort of clear silicone grease and place door back on lower hinge, then bolt hinge back, try to square up the door as you tighten it down, some will only go one way and the three screw holes are centered with no room for adjustment.
etshoun  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2008 10:00:00 AM(UTC)
etshoun

Thanks for your help! We've had the door loose and the cam is broken - actually, about an eighth of an inch of it is broken off. We just weren't
sure if we could disconnect the fitting or not.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply