Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dalymj  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 9, 2010 9:11:16 PM(UTC)
dalymj

Groups: Registered

The ice chute door doesn't completely close, letting humid air up the chute to just below the "grinder" which ices up over 2-3weeks. Eventually no ice comes out. I can't figure which part number applies. Also, I would appreciate any instructions on how to gain access to the ice dispenser innards.
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 8:07:52 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dalymj Go to Quoted Post
The ice chute door doesn't completely close, letting humid air up the chute to just below the "grinder" which ices up over 2-3weeks. Eventually no ice comes out. I can't figure which part number applies. Also, I would appreciate any instructions on how to gain access to the ice dispenser innards.
Thanks

Daly,

Based on you problem description, this is the part I reccomend you order :
(click on number)
Part number: AP3872692
Part number: AP3872692

It will have all the parts you need,and cover all possibilities for your complaint, and instruction sheets to assist you in the repair.

Access is relatively easy,basic hand tools, and a little patience.

To remove the dispenser trim panel,

Unplug the power cord, or access the wire harness inside the top hinge cover of the freezer door, and disconnect harness.

On the bottom outside edge of the panel, you should find 2 slots molded into the panel, you'll need to pry out on the slots and push down on the panel, to release the mounting tabs in the door panel.

Remove the screws holding the switch panel to the dispenser body, and you'll have access to the flapper assembly parts and can dismantle and replace the parts as necessary.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply