Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
part deux  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 5, 2010 7:31:47 AM(UTC)
part deux

Groups: Registered

Brand new fridge (brand new model), ice maker (bin in door) quits after a couple of days. after a few more days it works again. Then it stops again. Lowes replaces it with the same model. Replacement works for a couple of weeks, and then stops for a few days, then it starts working again. I kinda like the fridge, but this is some crazy behavior. When it makes ice, and especially on the fast ice setting, it makes a bunch, literally filling a bin in 24 hours. This last time I did absolutely nothing to make it start working, we're quietly sitting near the fridge and plop falls the ice. my wife looks at me and says "give me a F* break, LOL. Temperature appears to be good, freezer food is solidly frozen, fridge is cold.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

part deux  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 11:05:47 AM(UTC)
part deux

this gets better and better

service finally came out after the 2nd whirlpool fridge was delivered and failed. Service tech (not whirlpool) said yes, the ice line freezes up, which confirmed the salesman's statement they issued a stop sales order until they can fix that issue... Now for the best part, due to another design issue, an internal quick connect failed and I now have a ruined wood floor :(

We now have a different brand fridge!
technically proficient  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2010 2:45:50 PM(UTC)
technically proficient

Lowe's delivered our side by side Whirlpool today. The water dispenser squirts out three streams of water. Water comes out of the side of the nozzle housing and the back of the dispenser nozzle. Service is due on Monday. I told them if it cannot be repaired on that day, to get me a new unit. I would have told them to take it back to the store, but delivery on a replacement would be one week and we would have no refrig or freezer.

Whirlpool is really cheap on the number of freezer shelves and refrigerator door bins. And the butter holder bin is the worst design ever. Due to the way the bin door is designed one cannot use the full capacity of the bin because when the door is lifted, it will hit on the contents of the bin.

Doesn't anyone make good stuff anymore??
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply