Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mark deGuzman  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 7:22:40 AM(UTC)
Mark deGuzman

Groups: Registered

i ordered a new ice door for this model. it was actually from a whirlpool refrig/freezer but i was told from your company these were interchangable. i got the new door and was replacing it but the new one does not have what i beleive to be a door warmer attached. it is a flat ribbon wire exiting from in between the plastic door and foam cover. is this warmer needed? or did i get the wrong part for this replacement
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 7:42:11 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

The reason the part is a Whirlpool part is because that's who made your refrigerator. Most people don't know that kenmore does not make anything, they have other people build it and put their name on it. Which is why a model number is a must for parts.
The ice door you recieved should be 2180353 which is AP3601811 if ordered from here, this part has been substituted because the original part may not be available anymore.
Nat
Mark deGuzman  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 8:14:39 AM(UTC)
Mark deGuzman

Groups: Registered

thanks for your reply. after replacing the door, the wire which came with the old door was not attachced anyway. the connector for this wire had a plastic piece in it which made connecting this ?warmer? impossible! it was like this since i purchased the appliance and therefore never was working to begin with. so i guess the warmer is not needed and i attached the new door assembly which was sent. we'll see if this ends my ice crystal problems with this dispenser. i did attach the old door wire to see if it warmed the piece and it did. any ideas why it was never connected at the factory? and why did they decide to stop using it?
libertyappl  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 8:24:48 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

It's possible that it wasn't attached very well or came off in shipping, as for why they quit using that part, only they know. They may of had issues with the part.
nat
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply