Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mmendelscfi  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 4:57:53 PM(UTC)
mmendelscfi

Groups: Registered

I have a GE profile refrigerator model PFS22SISBSS. Over the past several days the freezer temp seems to be erratic. Set at 0 but runs about 8 degrees up to about 14 degrees. Sometimes drops back to 0-1 degree.

It had always seemed to be stable. After reading some posts on this forum I became suspicious that perhaps the main board was the problem. The fan in the lower right corner of the fridge when you look from the back seems to be barely running.

Any idea if this may qualify for any type of extended service support? the unit is about 3 and a half years old.

Serial number is DM053512

thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:18:45 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Seems like your condenser fan voltage is failing. In the interim, I would put a portable fan in back to cool the condenser, then order the parts, AP4436216 for the motherboard and AP379724 for the condensing fan motor. You will need to swing out the condenser to change the motor.
mmendelscfi  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 5:40:26 AM(UTC)
mmendelscfi

Groups: Registered

I put a small fan in the back and within an hour the temps in the freezer and the fridge were within a degree of normal at all times. Also the external sides of the fridge on the lower half seemed to be extremely warm. Now with the fan in the back seem back to normal.

Thanks again,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply