Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cevans1982  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 8:00:20 AM(UTC)
cevans1982

Groups: Registered

My icemaker stopped working after pulling out the drawer to empty the ice. This happened once before and when I wiggled the drawer, it started working again. I can't get it to start working again this time. Does someone know how the ice starts/stops when the drawer is in or out of place? I think that the drawer must not be hitting the right connection to make the ice start working again. I have put the arm up and down but this doesn't help either. Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 10:57:12 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cevans1982 Go to Quoted Post
My icemaker stopped working after pulling out the drawer to empty the ice. This happened once before and when I wiggled the drawer, it started working again. I can't get it to start working again this time. Does someone know how the ice starts/stops when the drawer is in or out of place? I think that the drawer must not be hitting the right connection to make the ice start working again. I have put the arm up and down but this doesn't help either. Any ideas?

Cevans,

I take for granted you mean the ice bin ?

Have you noticed if the freezer light comes on and goes off when you open / close the door ?

Does the dispenser work, can you get water from the dispenser, when it does not make ice ?

Based on the wiring diagram, there is no switch on the ice bin / dispenser circuit for the ice bin.

There is a freezer door light / interlock switch(mounted on the bottom of the freezer control panel), that controls the power to the ice maker and dispenser assembly,

I can only guess at this time but,

I think you have a loose wire at the switch.
A Failed switch.
Or the door liner is not contacting the light switch lever and closing the circuit to the dispenser / ice maker.

Part number: AP3108668
Part number: AP3108668

You may also have a loose connection in the ice maker wiring harness to the ice maker from the wall.

You should probably start there, if the light and dispenser work , when it does not make ice.
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply